We are proud to announce another new customer to the GuidewireSI and Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne family. HES Facilities, LLC (HES) is a full-service facilities management company based out of Knoxville, Tennessee. “HES selected JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP software due to key functionality that is able to meet our critical business requirements,” explains John Devall, […]
If your organization is struggling to find the right balance of fulfilling priority customer orders, reducing back orders, and improving allocation of inventory, check out this ten-minute video from one of GuidewireSI’s consultants, Zach Jennings. Zach reviews JD Edwards Fulfillment Management set up requirements and demonstrates how the combination of Auto-Fulfillment and the Fulfillment Workbench provides JD Edwards customers with a solution to prioritize demand, improve customer service and decrease administrative costs. Learn more about GudiewireSI Application Managed Services.
Over the past five months, senior leadership everywhere has been working to manage rapidly changing and dynamic business conditions. This unpredictability requires flexibility in managing customers, employees, vendors, processes and technologies.
GuidewireSI is dedicated to providing JD Edwards’ customers with flexible end to end Application Managed Services to support constantly changing JD Edwards needs with flexible, “pay only for what you need” plans – just what is needed in the current business climate.
“Guidewire’s on demand application managed services gives us access to a team of consultants to help us resolve issues or help us make improvements to our JD Edwards solution when we need it and without having to hire full-time staff,” explains Brian Peagler, Director of IS, goldbug. “We also use Guidewire for our system administration and maintenance, which eliminates my need to think about it. The combination of their services reduces the cost of managing our JD Edwards solution so we can invest in other initiatives to support our business.”
There are three key components to supporting JD Edwards with Application Managed Services:
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with JD Edwards software
- End to end services to meet every need of a JD Edwards customer
- Service offerings and payment options that are tailored to meet each customer’s unique needs
For the past 10 years, GuidewireSI has been focused on helping customers purchase, implement, support and optimize their JD Edwards software deployments. Customers partner with us on two key service offerings to enhance their use and support of JD Edwards solutions, while reducing the costs associated with internal teams and independent contractors.
- On Demand Application Support ranging from tier two to complete support
- Planned System Administration (CNC) support
Most JD Edwards customers are telling us they are not. As business grow and expands, the needs and usage of your JD Edwards applications are changing with you. Even with the EnterpriseOne 9.2 Tools to track usage, there is not a way to determine license compliance.
“Geospace wanted to understand the companies risk profile with Oracle from a detailed technical perspective and did not have a competency to understand the license agreements from over the years. GuidewireSI performed the License Review Program and provided us with the comprehensive understanding of our risks and several options to remedy the areas of risk.”
– David Witt, CIO Geospace Technologies.
There are two key benefits from performing an internal license audit:
- Risk Prevention
- License Optimization
There are five common license compliance challenges:
- Mapping Usage to Licensed Applications
- Numerous Order Documents and varying licensing models
- Prerequisite Applications and Indirect Usage
- Custom Programs and Reports
- Security and Roles not aligned to Licensed Applications
JD Edwards customers have turned to GuidewireSI to:
- Understand Compliance by knowing what JD Edwards Applications are being used by specific users to ensure compliance or you to be prepared for an upcoming meeting with the Oracle License Audit team.
- Are considering migrating from one License Model to another – most often from the “Enterprise” to “Named” to mitigate the annual true up payments.
- Believe they need to add users and want to make sure they license the correct number of users by application.
- Purchase the additional users and applications from a trusted advisor and the best possible pricing.
Check out what a recent CIO has to say about his experience in a Customer Video Success Story on YouTube
Contact us to learn how the GuidewireSI 360License Review Program can provide you the facts and confidence to understand what applications are being used, the specific number users, and the roles providing the access to the applications.
Our team has 20 plus years of experience with the JD Edwards licensing models and a unique tool and approach to support you from understanding to compliance.
Private companies have until January 31, 2021 to meet accounting standards for the reporting of leases in accordance to the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Update ASC 842 and International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) IFRS 16. At a high level, lessees must recognize leased assets on the balance sheet for both property (office space, retail space, industrial warehouses, and so on) and non-property (office equipment, vehicles, and so on).
If you have not set up JD Edwards or manually managing the calculations and GL postings, watch this 10-minute YouTube webinar below to understand the four key steps to enable this functionality.
To learn more about how JD Edwards addresses the standards or Oracle License requirements, CLICK HERE.
4B Inverness Court East
Englewood, CO 80112
- GuidewireSI Signs New Customer as Companies Continue to Purchase and Implement JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Improve Order Fill Rates & Reduce Backorders with JD Edwards Fulfillment Management
- Unpredictable Business Climate Requires Flexible JD Edwards Application Managed Services
- Are you confident in your Oracle compliance with JD Edwards licenses?
- How to Enable JD Edwards Balance Sheet Lessee Accounting in 4 to 6 Weeks to Meet IASB and FASB Regulations