Tom Atwood has a passion for technology, with 24 years implementing various technology solutions and 21 years of JD Edwards experience. As a former CIO and business owner, he has evaluated and provided guidance on JD Edwards and some of the latest technologies including, Cloud, Blockchain, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things (IOT), High Availability (HA), Disaster Recovery (DR) and Security.
Tom holds numerous industry certifications from Microsoft, Oracle, IT Service Management (ITIL) and the Project Management Institute. Prior to joining GuidewireSI, Atwood served as a Senior Client Manager for GSI, Inc., Sr. Global ERP Solutions Lead, and also spent six years as a technologist for JD Edwards.
Tom enjoys helping customers (including several global and Forbes/Fortune 100/500 clients) develop strategies that will serve them well into the future—resilient, scalable, risk tolerant—ones that allow them to focus on their core business and supports their growth.
I live in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and enjoy numerous outdoor activities with my family. I also take pleasure in travel, reading, art and cooking. I feel it is important to give back to the community and I have long-standing ties with several non-profits. I currently serve as a Board Member of Steamboat Creates, which is dedicated to promoting arts and culture.
- Master’s in Business Administration and Entrepreneurship/International Business Tracks, University of Colorado-Denver
- Corporate Finance Certificate, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
- Master of Arts in Art History, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Bachelor of Arts in Art, Art History, German and Minor in Asian Studies, Saint Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota.
- Certificate of German Language Fluency, Paderborn University, Germany